The Ultimate Beer & Food Pairing Event of NYC Beer Week! 40+ beers, 20+ food purveyors, ALL-INCLUSIVE TICKET!! ALL YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK FOR ONE PRICE!!! ALL-INCLUSIVE! YEP. IT’S ALL!!! INCLUSIVE!!! ONE TICKET! ONE PRICE! 3.5 HOURS OF BEER, FOOD, LIVE MUSIC AND THE BEST TIME YOU’LL HAVE AT BEER WEEK!!!
Beer Sessions Radio™, the Good Beer Seal, and the NYC Brewers Guild are happy to present the 5th annual NYC Brewer’s Choice™ on Tuesday, February 24th, as part of the 7th Annual New York City Beer Week (2/20/15-3/1/15). This year’s “better beer event” will take place at 525 Waverly right next door to Greenpoint Beer Works (where KelSo Beer is brewed) in the Clinton Hill section of Brooklyn.
- More than three dozen breweries, 90% of which have brewed a beer specially for this event using NY State malts and other local ingredients
- Special Vermont table curated by Dave Brodrick to include artisanal products from the Green Mountain State
- Chefs’ tables and an array of cuisine including brisket from Jimmy’s No. 43, BBQ from Hoboken Eddie, Chef Patti Jackson, La Quercia prosciutto, Nordic breads, Bobolink Dairy cheese and breads, a raw bar with oysters included among 15+ chefs and food purveyors
- A Homebrewers’ Pavillion where you can sample up-and-coming brewers (maybe the next Grimm will be there!)
- Celebration of five years of Beer Sessions Radio™ on the Heritage Radio Network, with a dedicated HRN table and beer media section
- The annual “Local Beer Hero” Awards, celebrating the unsung heroes of craft beer: brewery staff, distributors, sales reps, etc.
- Keynote/beer industry speakers, including Pat Mcilhenney of Alpine Brewing, NYCBG President and KelSo Owner Kelly Taylor, NYC Public Advocate Letitia James, Jimmy Carbone with the Local Beer Hero Awards, additional speakers and “NY State of Beer” updates
- Special recognition for GrowNYC’s Regional Grains Project and Valley Malt
NYC Brewer’s Choice™ is a marquee event of NYC Beer Week and celebrates the men and women of craft beer, offering the opportunity for beer lovers to mix and mingle with the brewers themselves in an upscale beer and food event.
This year’s host committee includes:
Kelly Taylor, KelSo Brewing
Dave Brodrick, Blind Tiger and Worthy Burger, VT
Jimmy Carbone, host of Beer Sessions Radio™ on the Heritage Radio Network
June Russell, GrowNYC Regional Grains Project
Brewers expected to be in attendance include:
- Allagash Brewing Company
- Barrier Brewing Co.
- Big Alice Brewing
- La Birreria at Eataly
- Bridge and Tunnel Brewery
- The Bronx Brewery
- Brooklyn Brewery
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company
- Carton Brewing Company
- Crossroads Brewing
- Cuzett Libations
- Dieu du Ciel!
- Empire Brewing Company
- Finback Brewery
- Folksbier Brewery
- Galaxy Brewing Company
- Green Flash Brewing Company
- Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co.
- Greenport Harbor Brewing Company
- Grimm Artisanal Ales
- Gun Hill Brewing Co.
- Heartland Brewery
- KelSo Beer Co.
- Moustache Brewing Co.
- Nine Pin Cider
- Brewery Ommegang
- Other Half Brewing Co.
- Peekskill Brewery
- Perennial Artisan Ales
- Port Jeff Brewing Company
- Rockaway Brewing Company
- Saranac (F.X. Matt Brewing Co.)
- Secret Engine Brewing in collaboration with Rocky Point Artisan Brewers
- Shmaltz Brewing Company
- Sixpoint Brewery
- The Farmhouse Brewery
- Transmitter Brewing
- Two Roads Brewing Co.
- Wandering Star Craft Brewery
- White Birch Brewing
- Weyerbacher Brewing Company
From our 2014 event…
Join Beer Sessions Radio, and the NYC Brewer’s Choice host committee on Wednesday, February 26th, from 6-9:30 p.m. at the Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg as we bring our “better beer event” to Brooklyn! This year’s host committee includes:
Kelly Taylor, KelSo Brewing
Dave Brodrick, Blind Tiger and Worthy Burger
Jimmy Carbone, host of Beer Sessions Radio on the Heritage Radio Network
Jane Russell, GrowNYC Regional Grains Project
This year, we challenged the brewers to create beers using local grains, and they completely surpassed our expectations, bringing in beer that includes locally sourced grains from nearly 30 breweries, including:
- Newburgh Brewing
- Rushing Duck (War Elephant Double IPA, Naysayer Pale Ale)
- Captain Lawrence (Cream of the Crop, a Cream Ale brewed with NY 6 row barley and corn from Valley Malt)
- Heartland Brewery (HB Dark Wheat, Quad)
- Other Half Brewing
- Singlecut Beersmiths
- Blind Bat Brewing (Hell Gate Golden Ale using Valley Malt barley grown by O’Mara’s Farm, Canastota, NY, and coriander grown in Centerport Long Island by brewer’s farmer wife Regina with Seed Sower Farm; Long Island Potato Stout – a Dry Irish Stout brewed with organic potatoes grown by Fred Lee of Sang Lee Farms in Peconic, NY)
- Keegan Ales (Apple Pale Ale)
- Grimm Artisanal (Golden Hour Spelt Saison)
- Ommegang (All-Malt Rye IPA, Wild at Heart, Chocolate Indulgence)
- Barrier Brewing
- Kelso of Brooklyn (Edible Ale Rye IPA, Industrial IPA)
- Big Alice (Coffee Belgium White Stout, Spiced Honey Smoked Ale – both with Valley Malt grains)
- Empire Brewing (Wheat Wine Red Winter with wheat from Valley Malt, 2 row from Farmhouse Malting NYC, and Cascade Hops from Hop Farm NY)
- Crossroads (Outrage IPA, Midnight RYEder – a Black Rye IPA brewed with 6 row barley and Danko Rye from Valley Malt)
- Rocky Point
- Port Jeff (Ryes-N-Bok and H3 Belgian Trippel)
- Bridge and Tunnel
- Sixpoint Craft Ales (Imperial Otis, a batch of Sweet Action made using 100% NY State ingredients)
- Ithaca Brewing
- 508 Gastrobrewery (Light/Dark Bru Du Jour)
- Rockaway (Dark Side Porter)
- Greenport Harbor (Cali Common using Valley Malt; Cuvaison – a Belgian strong using merlot grapes from NY State Winery of the Year and Greenport’s neighbor in Cutchogue, McCall’s Vineyard)
- Peekskill (“Aristocrats” – Sour Ale made with 100% NY State ingredients, NY Pale Ale)
- Friends of NY State: Allagash (Avance, Grand Cru), Evil Twin, Wandering Star, Carton, White Birch (Rye Brown Ale with Valley Malt Rye, Hooksett Ale, First Sparrow – a Gradziskie-style ale), Two Roads Brewing Co.
All-inclusive, all-VIP tickets now on sale. Additional features:
- Keynote speaker – Jeff O’Neil, Peekskill Brewery, Peekskill, NY
- 25+ brewers who will each personally pour you his/her most special beers
- Partnering with Grow NYC, NYC Brewer’s Guild and NY State Brewers Association
- Regional Grains Project with Grow NYC and Valley Malt, providing locally grown and roasted malt that will be featured in many of the beers
- NYC restaurants, chefs and food artisans will have food that pairs well with beer
- Co-sponsored by Beer Sessions Radio on the Heritage Radio Network.
Chefs, restaurants and food purveyors lined up thus far:
- Luke’s Lobster
- Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse
- Sigmund’s Pretzels
- Nordic Breads
- Coach Farm Cheese
- Mile End
- Oyster shucking station
- Jimmy’s No. 43
Check back for additional details.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THIS EVENT. Event takes place rain (snow) or shine (although we’re indoors, so we’re not worried about the weather!).